This site is no longer being updated. †Please visit our new site at:†
We love our volunteers and visitors at
Before anyone can volunteer, there are a few policies and procedures which volunteers must be aware of. These policies and procedures follow Yucaipa-Calimesa Board Policy and California Education Code for schools.
* All regular volunteers must have a Megan’s Law clearance. You may pick up a clearance form in
* Check-in with the clerk in the office. All volunteers will be required to show ID (Drivers License),
and must be on the Emergency Release Card. Volunteers will be required to show ID every
time they visit the school until the staff knows exactly who they are.
* All volunteers must wear the badge provided at the time of check-in.
* All classroom volunteers must follow the
* All volunteers must stay with the classroom teacher. If the class goes to PE, Library, Computer, or
recess, volunteers must return to the office until that time is over or make arrangements with
the teacher to volunteer in another class. If you would like to visit PE, computer class or the
Library, please contact the instructor and they will make arrangements for the best time to visit
* Parents are not permitted on the playground without the teacher.
* Please be consistent and on time. When a teacher is depending on your help, it is quite disruptive
when you do not come. While we understand plans change, please let the teacher know you will
not be able to make it as soon as you know.
* Volunteers will be working with the teacher and students. Younger children can disrupt
the classroom instruction. Volunteers are not permitted to bring younger siblings to the
classroom. This is YCJUSD Board Policy and will be strictly enforced this year. (This only
applies to volunteers. This does not apply to Spirit Days, award ceremonies, or
school/classroom plays and presentations.)
Confidentiality of students
Volunteers will be working with all our children. It is very important that our volunteers maintain the confidentiality of the students they work with. Information about the students must not be discussed outside the classroom. Confidentiality rules prohibit parents or other students from grading assignments or entering grades into a grade book.
Visitors must follow the same procedures as volunteers, with a few exceptions.
* A one time visitor is not required to fill out a Megan’s Law clearance form.
* Visitors must get prior teacher/administrative approval before visiting the classroom. Please contact
the teacher the day before you wish to visit the class. Classroom instruction will not be
interrupted to obtain approval to visit the classroom. Please plan accordingly.
Parents/guardians may stay with their children on campus and on the playground before and after Between the hours of and , all visitors must have approval to be on campus. If you like to walk your children to class, they must be at school before . After , parents need to sign their student in with the attendance clerk and the student will walk to class by themselves.
I have read and understand the Dunlap Elementary School Volunteer Policy.